Becoming a volunteer firefighter takes time, effort and dedication. However, the benefits of saving lives and making your community a better place is worth every minute and every ounce of effort.
- The satisfaction that comes with knowing you are an important part of keeping your community safe.
- Cultivating new skills that can help in all facets of your life and prepare you for a possible new career.
- Working as a team and building lasting relationships and friendships.
- Learning to use state of the art tools and being in the middle of the excitement.
- Possibly receiving state tax credits, getting free training and receiving college credits for training, you may even qualify for the Firevest program providing full scholarship to CCAC Click here for details!
- Earning respect from your fellow brother and sister firefighters, and members of your community;
- Gaining an immense sense of pride and satisfaction from your accomplishments, and the knowledge and skills you acquire from your training;
- Camaraderie and the feeling of family, a sense of belonging.
- Access to a huge list of discounts on goods and services for a partial list click here.
If you always wanted to be firefighter as a child, and think you have what it takes make your vision a reality by:
- Contacting any Moon Run Volunteer Firefighter
- Stopping by the Station (5624 Steubenville Pike, Robinson Township, PA 15136) on any Tuesday might after 7:00 pm except for the second Tuesday of the month
- Calling us (412-787-0527) and leave a voice mail with your contact info
- Filling out this contact form .
- Full Member - Must live in Robinson Twp or within 1 air mile of the border
- Associate Member - Administrative / Fundraising
- Reserve Member - Must be in good standing with another public safety entity.
- Duty Crew - Must be in good standing with another public safety entity, Firefighter I or higher, BVR Technician or equivalent, EMR or higher Preferred
Application For Membership
Fill out an application online to join the ranks of the Moon Run VFC. After filling out the application, you MUST fill out the PA Child Abuse Clearance and Criminal History form. No application will be processed without.